1. Geographic location:
Phu Dong commune is located in the west of Nhon
Trach district, Dong Nai province and has a total natural area of 2,258.99
ha. The commune’s administrative boundaries are as follows:
- Phu Dong commune borders on Dai Phuoc commune to
- Phu Dong commune borders on Phu Huu commune to the
- Phu Dong commune borders on Phuoc Khanh and Vinh
Thanh communes to the southeast.
- Phu Dong commune borders on Phu Thanh commune to
- Phu Dong commune borders on Ho Chi Minh city to
2. Natural land area:
- Phu Dong commune’s total natural area is 2,258.99
ha and it has a total population of 4,129 households and 15,151 people in 2020.
Phu Dong is divided into 5 hamlets: Thi Cau, Giong Ong Dong, Ben Ngu, Ben Dinh
and Phu Tan. As planned, Phu Dong commune is planned for its infrastructure
towards a modern urban area with an appropriate economic structure and forms of
appropriate production organization, and it is quickly transforming from
agricultural production to industry and services.
Photo: Planning for the urban area of Phu Dong
commune, Nhon Trach district
3. Administrative units:
Phu Dong has 1 Center for Culture and Community
Learning, 5 culture houses and hamlet sports areas, 1 medical station that are
recognized to meet national standards, 3 local schools, 1 secondary school, 1
primary school; 1 kindergarten that are recognized to meet national school
Phu Dong has a flat and even terrain with 40% of
high hills and 60% of plain, and it also has a network of interlaced rivers and
Phu Dong is located in a monsoon climate with two
- Average temperature: 26 Celsius degrees.
- Highest temperature: 29 Celsius degrees.
- Lowest temperature: 24 Celsius degrees.
Photo: Planning for the eco-urban area in Phu Dong
Total population: 15,151 people.
The total number of households: 4,219.
Ethnic groups: Kinh, Khmer, Tay, and Chinese
Religions: Caodaisim, Buddhism, Christianity, and